Four Year, Five Movies and A Million Thanks!

Nearly four years ago, a friend handed me a book called Twilight and said, "here, I think this is a book right up your alley." I shrugged, took the book and never looked back. Over the next two weeks I did nothing but work and read and work and read and when it was over, I started back at the beginning. Like all of you did. Several times.


And now, I sit here in the silence of my living room, still a bit emotionally fragile after finally seeing Breaking Dawn Part 2 and I feel a little like New Moon Bella... I'm curled up on my couch in my sweats watching the last four years flash by like changing seasons. And looking at what my life has become. I almost think I waited to see the movie because I knew that was admitting it was really over.


This would sound extremely strange to any non-fan, but to you, it will sound normal. Twilight has made my life better. Those four books, innocently penned by Stephenie Meyer, have given me so much to be thankful for. Frankly, I'm so jealous of those of you who got to meet her in LA at the premiere and tell her things. And give her notes. I sent her a fan letter years ago. I don't know if she ever received it but if she did, she knows.


I have met some really awesome folks along the way. Not only here in Maine, but clear across the country, across the pond and even down under. People that, regardless if there's another Twilight movie ever, will be an integral and important part of my life. These are people I talk to on a daily basis, at times more often than my own mother (you know who you are). People I turn to for support and advice and my daily dose of laughter.


At the end of Breaking Dawn this afternoon, I sobbed. Not so much because the movie itself was sad, but for the memories Twilight has awarded me. (Ok, I sobbed because of the movie too.) If you haven't seen the movie yet... trust me, bring the tissues. I had a pocket full of them that were not easily accessible and ended up using my sleeve. Have them ready. Seriously.


Lastly, I would like to extend my biggest "thanks" to Jenny Jerkface and Snarkier Than You -- because without them, there is no us. I love you girls more than you'll ever know and I'm grateful every day you're in my life.

Now someone please hold me.

Comments